i-Saksham sees education, digital literacy, awareness about socio-economic issues and vocational skills as core tools to bring capabilities to individuals and societies. There have been improvements and innovations in the way we learn, however that has been limited to urban areas/elites of India, leaving a huge quality and opportunity deficit at unreached rural areas.
i-Saksham acknowledges the need and urgency to bridge this gap and to provide quality learning at door steps of people residing in the most backward areas of the country.
A Society where people from excluded sections are well educated, skilled and self reliant
To attain first milestone of providing quality elementary education to 5 million poor children, skilling 50,000 youths to be community tutors, and 5 lakhs youth skilled in various vocational trades by 2025.
i-Saksham builds local youth as community tutors cum entrepreneurs called 'Saksham-Mitras'. It trains and provides them with capabilities and resources to empower their community through education and awareness, while earning a livelihood for themselves. i-Saksham identifies motivated youth, trains them in details of pedagogy, digital tools and english and guides them to deliver quality learning.
Frequently asked questions -
- Q: What is organsiation status of i-Saksham ?
- Ans: i-Saksham is a not-for-profit organisation.
- Q: Where does i-Saksham operates ?
- Ans: As of today i-Saksham works in Jamui and Munger districts of Bihar.
- Q: Does contributing to i-Saksham have tax benefits ?
- Ans: Donations to i-Saksham are exempted under section 80(g) of Income Tax Act, 1960.